According to the Education Act , Section 185: "Every school board shall establish an advisory committee on services for handicapped students and students with social maladjustments or learning disabilities".
The committee is composed of:
* Parents of students concerned
* Representative of teachers
* Representative of non-teaching professional staff
* Representative of support staff
* Representatives of community organizations who provide services to these students
* A school principal
* The Director General or his/her representative
The role of this committee is to:
* Advise the school board on a policy for the organization of educational services for students with special needs
* Advise on the allocation of financial resources for the provision of services intended for these students
While SNAC does not deal with individual issues, parents of children with special needs are welcome to attend the monthly meetings.
For those who are interested, here is a link to the SNAC Constitution
For those who are interested, here is a link to the SNAC Rules of Internal Management